Tips for selling your car that will give you the best value for your used car:
2) Be prepared with some small repairs. If your transmission needs some work, you might want to get it done before the sale is final. Although, IBV will take it in any condition. Things like this will help prove that your car was in good condition when you sold it. Take some before and after photos of the auto repair with a date stamp on them too!
3) Sell your car in December so you will have more time to work with interested buyers. If you get an offer like this at the end of December, you can take your time to consider it. Simply let the buyer know that you need some time to make up your mind.
4) Make sure there is plenty of room for negotiation, and don’t be afraid to walk away if the price isn’t right! If someone tries to low-ball you, simply walk away and call them back once the buyer has come up with a more reasonable offer.
5) Take some extra time to do some small fixes before you start shopping for buyers. A quick buffing of your exhaust system or air filter can make your car look new again! Now that’s something worth paying more for.
6) Make sure your car is clean and detailed before you start to shop it around. You’ll look a lot more professional if someone asks for a test drive and they get into a shiny, well-maintained car. And from personal experience, I will tell you that it also helps to have the windows cleaned inside and out before you start shopping your car around.
7) Work with a professional that knows how to get the best price for your used car. They know what makes a good deal, and they’ll do the work for you so you can get paid!
8) Make sure everything works well on your vehicle before you put it up for sale. A vehicle in poor repair will not sell for top dollar when it comes time to negotiate.
9) Take excellent care of your car when you are waiting to sell it. If you go on a long vacation, make sure that you give the person taking care of your car clear instructions and leave them with contact information just in case! And if possible, park your car in a safe and secure location during this time.
10) Get more than one estimate if it’s necessary to fix your vehicle, especially if you’re unsure about how much that repair will cost. It’s always better to be safe than sorry! Be sure that you get estimates from at least two trustworthy mechanics before making any decisions.
Remember that you can always sell your vehicle in any condition or its parts to IBV for extra holiday money!